Thursday, May 10, 2007

Of Rollovers and Raglan

Well, it’s been a week since my last rambling installment. I managed to peter away the entire week updating the website. It looks kinda groovy now, but I can’t help but think of the ten thousand things on hold while that’s going on. So now I turn my attention back to the story reel, which is overdue for an update, and you’ll see the website fall into neglect. This guerrilla filmmaking stuff is like spinning plates.

So my attempt is to document the entire process for posterity. Maybe some of it will be interesting, you never know. This week I added a section on what goes into making a CG short film - www.balladofsinister.com/short.html - complete with charts and graphs. Geek out on that, won’t ya? Other goodies: there’s a links page, book recommendations, and the Sinistore (don’t wait for your next trade show! Get some SiniSwag today!) Anyway, it’s at cafe press: http://www.cafepress.com/sinistore . Sinister Raglan Hoodie, anyone? Impress your friends!

Here’s the thought of the day:

When we look back on all that we’ve done, won’t it all look kind of ... Photoshopped?

And the book recommendation of the day (couldn’t make the list on the SiniSite because it’s not about animation ... and we can’t have that, can we?):

33 1/3 vol 17: Zoso (actually four symbols .. anybody got that font?) by Erik Davis.

Actually anything in the 33 1/3 series is pretty stylin. Amazon it.

Enough! I’ve got work to do, and so do you!

Til whenever,

xxxoooxxx

Erik

No comments: