Thursday, April 26, 2007

Synesthesia, or, If Mondays Are Blue, Can Thursdays Be Sort Of Mauve?

The Free Online Dictionary has this to say about synesthesia:
syn·es·the·sia
also syn·aes·the·sia (sin'is-the'zh)
n.
1. A condition in which one type of stimulation evokes the sensation of another, as when the hearing of a sound produces the visualization of a color.
2. A sensation felt in one part of the body as a result of stimulus applied to another, as in referred pain.
3. The description of one kind of sense impression by using words that normally describe another.

All good sixth-grade essays begin with a definition ripped verbatim from the dictionary, so why not a Blog? Paleez, at least I didn't use Wikipedia, gimme some cred. Anyways, here's a related term:

syn·is·the·sia
n.
1. The condition of taking on a personal animation project entailing the creation of over fifteen minutes of cg animation, including over fifty characters and thirty-nine sets.
2. The mixing of the senses that results from the ensuing lack of sleep.

So now you know my horrible secret. I've been living with it for a while now. I've been in pre-production ("development" in Hollywood parlance -ed.) for oh, bouts five six years now. In that time I've built (and scrapped) hundreds of models and textures, storyboards and concept designs. I'm to the point now when the spaghetti is beginning to stick to the proverbial wall, so this blog is an attempt to be a wall to stick some of it to. Hate to be selfish and all, but in that respect, this is kinda for me. But if you're a voyeur, and I know you are because you're on Blogger, you probably like hearing people like me talk to myself about what's troubling me. So I'll try to make it interesting for us.

This is the first post for my Short Film project. I haven't even told you the name of it yet. Or shown you anything. I'll save that for next time.

And now, in honor of Pink Floyd's seminal effort The Wall (which holds spaghetti quite nicely, so too does it excellently blur the senses), I will end this post with an unfinished sentence that will

No comments: